Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Belated Halloween

I hope you ladies had a great weekend! We're back from our first family vacation and settling back in! I will definitely posts pics and fill you in on how our first flight/vacation with a baby went later this week. For now I wanted to share some pics from Halloween with you guys. I will say we were definitely amateurs for our first year of staying home and  handing out candy. With my husband eating the supply while giving  "a handful" of candy to each child, we ran out of out candy by 7pm and had to shut off the lights. Next year we will definitely be hitting up Costco for the gigantic bags of candy!
  I really wanted to do a family themed costume but being that we were leaving at 5am the next morning for our vacation I didn't go all out this year. I snagged this bee costume for Ava and lets just say our little Honeybee wasn't really feeling her costume at first but eventually she got into the Halloween spirit.
Big hugs for papa xoxo These two seriously melt my heart! So blessed! 


Getting to wear fun makeup, accessories and wigs you normally wouldn't wear is also another fun bonus of Halloween!! I loved these fangs I purchased from target for around $20. They looked so realistic! Its safe to say I definitely scared some small children in our neighborhood lol. Here is the red smokey eye I wore to go with my vampire look....
 I didn't have bright red eyeshadow so I made do with using a jumbo NYX red lip pencil blended out in the crease and then used Macs cranberry eyeshadow right on top of that. On the lid I'm wearing Mac's Carbon eyeshadow and NYC's liquid liner (brought in really low in the inner corner) to create the dramatic cat eye. I also used a tiny bit of NYX silver glitter liquid liner in the inner corner as well.
 I started out with a dark bold lip but felt like it was a little to much. I ended up wearing a little softer lip just using chapstick and Cream O' Spice lipliner from Mac (below)
You can pretty much wear this smokey eye look anytime just by substituting the red with any other softer color and maybe not going as dramatic with the inner corner liner. 

Of course we couldn't leave Louie out of all the Halloween fun! She was a dinosaur or as someone commented on Instagram she was "LOUceratops" love it! 

And earlier in the week my BF came over and we did our annual pumpkin carving/ wine drinking/ candy eating/ Halloween music festivity! We did a nightmare before Christmas theme this year (keeping it G rated now ;). Last year in Miami we did these pumpkin carvings. I hope you ladies had a great Halloween as well!!! 

35 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dinosaur and bee costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories!!! ava looked adorable as always! and your vampire makeup looked incredible! *fangs* target...gotta remember for next year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving all your pictures! Ava looked adorable in her bee costume. I think at that age most kiddos don't love it as much as us parents. You looked beautiful as well. We did a theme this year dressing up. Pirates and a mermaid, super fun and cute! Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how fun! I can't wait to do a theme next year!

      Delete
  4. Lol, I love the dog's costume! Dressing animals up is the most fun...for us humans, definitely not for themselves. And I like the vampire look! Not too over-the-top or creepy.

    -xo, Brittany of @suburbchicblog
    http://suburbchicblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always a must to dress the doggy up. My snickers was a princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, you should be a makeup artist - that vampire eye look rendition is killer!!!! poor sweet louie, she looks like she's having just about as much fun as ava is in her costume -ha!!! geez, your family is cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! Lol ya both my "daughters" weren't very excited about their costumes this year!

      Delete
  7. Ava is so cute and her bee costume is adorable! Her smile just melts my heart. Does she have blue eyes too? You are such a pretty vampire--vampires are naturally flawless you know! These pictures are lovely. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love! No her eyes are definitely brown.

      Delete
  8. Aww, what cuties! Ava, you, the doggie, the hubby...you guys are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute costume for Ava and your makeup is AMAZING!!

    Shannon
    bigdreamsandexpensivetaste.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ava was such a cute little bee! so sweet (=. and your vamp look was AWESOME! i love the way you did your eye makeup and the fangs really do look realistic! and of course louceratops was so so cute! that`s def a great name for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love! I know i was having a little to much fun handing out the candy. Hope next year ill be sporting a whole costume!

      Delete
  11. Ava is the cutest bee ever & Louceratops is absolutely adorable! I love your Vampire costume, those fangs are definitely realistic! Looks like a fun Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ava is the cutest!! And you are one hot mama! Can't wait to hear all about your trip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved everything Andee! Ava is the most adorable bee! and Louceratops should be a patented name because it's so awesome! Glad you had a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww love Ava's costume, and yours is so great - I've always wanted to try the teeth...look great on you! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Brooke...looking forward to next year when they are a little bit older ;)

      Delete
  15. ava's costume is so perfect!! love your makeup like that, gorg!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks love! Means a lot coming from you xo

      Delete
  16. Love seeing how others celebrate this SUPER important holiday! ;) You makeup is fierce, and Ava is getting so big...

    xo Carlina
    AllergicToVanilla.com

    p.s come check out my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i loved those pumpkins you guys did last year. so funny.

    ava's smile is so adorable. i love that her eyes squint and smile too.

    that doggy costume is the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Aubrey! I know i wanted to get a little more creative with our pumpkins last like year ;)

      Delete
  18. i love ur eyes !!!! and ava is d sweetest kiddo i have seen till now.
    cheers!
    kunj
    kohllined.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is all SO FANTASTIC & FESTIVE!!! Love love love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete

 

blog design + development by fabulous k